Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Vol. 5 (comic) - Paul's REVIEW


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Vol. 5
Writer: Kyle Higgins
Illustrators: Hendry Prasetya, Daniel Bayliss, & Daniele Di Nicuolo
Recent Release Date: May 1, 2018

Synopsis: With Tommy and Billy trapped in a dystopian version of Angel Grove, they'll have to join the resistance in the fight against the evil Lord Drakkon if they want to make home. But with Jason, Kimberly, Trini, and Zack batting for control of the Command Center from Rita Repulsa, will there even be a home to return to? It's the ultimate test of strength and will with an epic conclusion that will send ripples throughout the entire Mighty Morphin universe.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This ongoing comic series is sooooo good! It's absolutely my favorite comic series currently being made. Kyle Higgins has done an excellent job of breathing new, modern life into this very 90s franchise. 


This volume is the calm between two storms. Lord Drakkon seems to be handled, but we all know #ShatteredGrid is coming! I enjoyed seeing the rangers doing their status quo rangering. They're traveling around the world solving problems and doing good deeds. 

Bulk and Skull have a web show about the rangers. I like how this modern take includes things like this. We also get to see how the general media talks about the rangers. 

Saba is still present and the rangers are working to bring Zordon back. I like how much this timeline has diverged from the original series. I look forward to more surprises. 

The rangers' families also come into play in this series. We see Kim's parents. There's also even references to the Go Go series in a mention of Matthew. I haven't read the first Go Go volume yet, but I am excited to learn what's up with Matthew. 

Finster was always one of my favorite baddies. He's at the forefront of this volume, making things more difficult for the rangers. 

The 1969 Rangers!!! I wanted MORE! I love the concept of other rangers we don't know about. I wanted to have even more time with these characters. I wanted more personality. I wanted to learn their histories. I'm interested to see how this history comes into play in the next volume. 

At the end of this volume, there's another story about Squatt and Baboo. This time they're in a world of zords! This is another fun, short comic.

This volume may seem like a lot of setup, but it didn't drag for me at all. It was very exciting for me. I give this volume a 5/5. If you haven't read any of these comics, I highly recommend starting with volume 1. Some of the best comics out there!  


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment