Thursday, October 24, 2013

Arise (Hereafter #2) by Tara Hudson - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Arise
Author: Tara Hudson
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis: 
New Orleans 

Saint Louis 
Number One Cemetery
A night there can change a life...or a death.

Increasingly worried that dark spirits will carry out their threats and hurt the people she cares for most, Amelia is ready to try anything to protect them. And for his own very different reasons, Joshua has come to this cemetery at midnight to join her in a powerful ritual.

Both know that once Amelia steps inside the Voodoo circle and the beautiful girl from the Conjure Cafe begins the ceremony, everything will change.

Tara Hudson's enthralling sequel to Hereafter escalates the danger and excitement, bringing a new dimension to her already mesmerizing story of a haunted love

Why?: Although Hereafter wasn't my favorite ghost story ever, I'm still interested in how Amelia and Joshua's story continues. Plus, this one is in New Orleans and there are dark spirits, and Voodoo, and it sounds like the creepy just got turned up a notch or three. Also, I won this book as an ARC on Twitter from @HarperTeen.

Expectations: I expect a paranormal romance, but I think this book will be quite a bit darker than Hereafter. While Hereafter was cute and fun, I think this one will focus more on the dark side of being a ghost. 

Judging a book by its cover: I love the colors on this cover - the black, purples, and blues blend to make a really creepy color combination, especially within a cemetery. I also really like that you can't see Amelia's face. It's very mysterious. This cover is pretty typical of paranormal romances though, so I'm not sure if I would pick it up. I probably would though.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment