Sunday, September 22, 2013

Warm Up (Vicious #0.5) by V.E. Schwab - Ashley's Review

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads | Tor.com

Title: Warm Up
Author: V.E. Schwab
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: It’s been 297 days since David died–and came back.

He may have survived the avalanche, but the aftermath has been far worse. His wife moved out, taking his son with her, and a devastated David hasn't left his house since, terrified of the mysterious new power that followed him home from the ill-fated expedition.

After months in seclusion, David’s ready for a fresh start, and ventures out, determined to keep his power in check. But David’s power isn't the one he needs to worry about.

----------------------------------------------------------

Review: I pre-ordered Vicious way back in July, and have been anxiously waiting for it to be released ever since. I was pretty excited when I heard there was going to be a prequel story, to get us all "warmed up" for Vicious. After reading Warm Up, I'm more excited than ever to become fully immersed in this new and exciting world! 

Even though this story is short, I still feel like I learned quite a bit about David and was really able to connect with him. His story is heartbreaking and I just wanted to give him a big hug most of the time (minus the part about his new power...). This guy just cannot catch a break.

I can't wait to find out more about the powers these people have, and to find out where they came from. I have so many questions after reading this story, and I'm really hoping Vicious will answer them. I'm also really excited that the powers these people have are more along the lines of something like "Heroes" or "Alphas," and not something like the Justice League. 

If you want a taste of a dark, unique world with characters who make you feel for them and have superpowers, then you should definitely check out this story! It's even available to read for free on Tor's website (or you can buy it for your ereader), so you don't have anything to lose! I definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking forward to Vicious! A 4/5 from me. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment