Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Volume 2 - Paul's REVIEW

***I was provided an ecopy of this graphic novel from IDW Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review***

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Volume 2
Author: Heather Nuhfer
Illustrations: Amy Mebberson
Year Published: 2013

Ashley's REVIEW
My REVIEW of Volume 1
Ashley's REVIEW of Volume 1


Release Date: September 24, 2013

Synopsis: Get ready for another unforgettable adventure in the land of Equestria! Twilight Sparkle and gang are confronted with a perilous new danger in the form of a long-unseen enemy!

Review: Another adventure for the ponies of Ponyville. I always like the episodes when the ponies come together to help Princess Celestia save the kingdom. This volume depicts one of those epic adventures. 


Rarity has a leading role in this story which means Spike's infatuation for her is upfront and present. The ponies' adventure takes them to the Moon. Is Nightmare Moon back? 

I liked how we got to see the creatures of the Moon. The MLPFIM artwork is always so bright and fun. It's interesting to see how they depict darker creatures. 

Overall, this volume is about overcoming insecurities and working together. They prove that friendship really is magic. I suggest this to fans of the current tv series. These graphic novels would be an excellent way to introduce comics to a young reader. I give this volume a 3.5/5. I liked it more than the first volume. 



-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment