Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Prince (Selection #0.5) by Kiera Cass - Ashley's Review

Title: The Prince
Author: Kiera Cass 
Year Published: 2013

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Synopsis: Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection...

Before Aspen broke America's heart...

There was another girl in Prince Maxon's life...

Don't miss this thrilling 128-page original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection. Also features a teaser to The Elite, Kiera Cass's hotly anticipated sequel to The Selection.


Review: I totally expected this to be a romance story between Maxon and some other girl. What I got was a retelling of The Selection (and a few events leading up to it) told from Maxon's perspective. Which was totally fine with me, don't get me wrong. But don't go into this thinking you're going to learn about a completely hidden side of Maxon.

Although this wasn't what I expected, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked that we finally got to see things from Maxon's point of view, and that we got to find out what he really thought of America and her yelling at him on the first night she was in the palace. And I think it just made me like him even more, if that's even possible. Still 100% Team Maxon. 


I read this before I devoured The Elite, and I think that really helped. Not that there's anything that's super important that you HAVE to know before reading The Elite, but it just helped refresh my memory since I read The Selection so long ago. I would recommend this to anyone who has enjoyed the other two books in Kiera Cass' series, or to anyone who would be interested in reading them. And especially if you like kings, queens, princes, princesses, and things like "The Bachelor." I don't like "The Bachelor," but the rest of the story is enough to make it feel so much different from that awful TV show. 

I would give this story a 3/5, and I hope we get more stories from Maxon in the future!


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment