Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Paul's Two and Twenty Dark Tales Pre Reading

***I received this book as an eARC from Month9Books, LLC on Netgally.com***

Title: Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
Edited By: Georgia McBride & Michelle Zink
Year Published: 2012


Synopsis:  In this anthology, 20 authors explore the dark and hidden meanings behind some of the most beloved Mother Goose nursery rhymes through short story retellings. The dark twists on classic tales range from exploring whether Jack truly fell or if Jill pushed him instead to why Humpty Dumpty, fragile and alone, sat atop so high of a wall. The authors include Nina Berry, Sarwat Chadda, Leigh Fallon, Gretchen McNeil, and Suzanne Young. 

Why?: I am a sucker for fairytale retellings, so nursery rhymes isn't far off. When I heard about this book from Ashley, I immediatley requested it on netgalley. 

Expectations: I am expecting some really creepy and dark takes on children's nursery rhymes I am familiar with. I am not familiar with many of the authors so maybe I will find some writing I like and stalk some authors on the internet.  

Judging a book by its cover: The cover has dark colors that remind me of blood. I'm thinking these tales are going to be creepy. I don't know if I would pick this up in the book store, but if I read the title I definitely would. 


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment