Sunday, July 17, 2011

The City of Ember!

Well, I started this book before I posted about it... So I'm going to apologize for that. But here it is anyway! And since this one is more than 100 pages, I'll try to write about it somewhere in the middle as well, instead of just waiting until I finish lol.





Title: The City of EmberAuthor: Jeanne DuPrau
Year Published: 2003
Synopsis: This City of Ember is a city hidden underground; way beneath the earth. The city's only sources of light are slowly beginning to fade. Now it all depends on two children, Lina and Doon. They know they must find an elusive exit to the city, but how? Where? If they fail, the whole city will be shrouded in darkness. The courageous children persevere in this disastrous situation. Will they find a way out? Can they save what's most important of all?

Why?: I stole it out of Paul's room when I was in Melbourne and started reading it, and figure I should probably finish it lol. Plus, it sounds like an interesting concept.

Expectations: Well, since I've already started reading it, my expectations are a little skewed. I'm expecting an interesting story, but one that's written for an age group slightly younger than what I'm used to reading. I'd say this book is directed at a middle school aged audience, instead of the older part of the "Young Adult" genre.

Judging a book by its cover: The cover has a lightbulb with the filament spelling out "ember," which makes me think that the majority of this book will have to deal with light, or the lack thereof. Lightbulbs will probably also play a big role in the whole light theme.


And here goes book #4! Not quite a library yet, Paul, but I'm getting there ;)


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment